WHO WE ARE. MyDomain, Inc. provides cloud-based solutions, including web-hosting, domain name and related products and services, to businesses, individuals, non-profit organizations and others. As part of the Endurance corporate family, MyDomain, Inc. is able to provide a variety and range of products and services to help Users with their technology needs. To learn more about the Endurance corporate family, click here.
The information that MyDomain, Inc. collects in connection with our services is hosted on servers located in the United States (U.S.) unless otherwise provided, and may be processed or accessed outside of the European Economic Area countries by us or our service providers. By using the services, you freely and expressly give MyDomain, Inc. your consent to export your information and data outside of the European Economic Area.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT. We collect information in different ways from Users who may access our services, or the network of websites accessible through our services.
- Registration and Account Information. Subscribers are asked to provide certain personal information when they sign up for our services including name, postal address, email address, phone number, and billing information (such as a credit card number). Subscribers may also be asked to complete an online form that collects information about demographics, product usage and preferences, along with other information that will help us improve our products and services.
- Customer Surveys. We may periodically conduct customer surveys. Participation in our customer surveys is voluntary. However, we encourage our Users to participate in these surveys because your survey answers provide us with important information that helps us improve the types of services we offer and how we provide them to you. Your personal information, if provided, will remain confidential, even if the survey is conducted by a third party service provider on our behalf.
USE OF INFORMATION. We use the information we collect to provide our services along with collecting payment. Passively collected information, such as information collected from or about your device including through the placement or reading of cookies or other tracking technologies is used to provide a customized experience as you use our services.
- Subscriber Contact/Account Information. The information collected from Subscribers is used to manage each Subscriber's account (such as for billing and account management purposes) and to promote other products or services that we believe may be of interest to the Subscriber. We may also generate aggregate profiles from information that Subscribers provide during registration (such as the total number of Subscribers in a given category). As explained in more detail below, we may in certain instances use aggregated and non-identifying information to promote advertisements that appear on our website and in connection with our services.
- Analytics/Statistics. We use information gathered from our website analytics (for example, User IP addresses) to help diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer and optimize our website. We also gather broad demographic information from this data to help us improve our website and make your browsing and purchasing experience more responsive, efficient, or enjoyable. Any statistics gathered by us are proprietary property of the Company.
- Responses to Email Inquiries. When Subscribers send email inquiries to us, the return email address (and other personal information provided in the inquiry) is used to answer the email inquiry we receive.
- Customer Surveys. We may use the contact and other information provided to follow up with Users who respond to our customer surveys to help resolve issues internally or with our third party partners. For example, we may contact Users based on their survey answers or to highlight certain changes we made in response to User feedback.
- Public Forums. Please remember that any information you may disclose or post in our User directory, spotlights/case studies, testimonials, forums, or other public areas of our websites or the Internet, becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these public areas. To request removal of your personal information from our community forums or testimonials, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know why we are unable to do so.
Unsubscribe/Opt-out. When you become a Subscriber of MyDomain, Inc., you are automatically subscribed to receive transactional notices about your account, email newsletters and news of special promotions offered through MyDomain, Inc. and/or in conjunction with our partners.
To unsubscribe from MyDomain, Inc. newsletters and promotional mailings, please update your preferences with the Subscription Manager tool or email us at MyDomain, Inc. support. If you would like to cancel your MyDomain, Inc. subscription, please contact MyDomain, Inc. support using Live Chat or call us at 800-405-7875. You may also unsubscribe through the links provided in promotional email messages sent by us or our partners/affiliates.
How to Access or Modify Your Information. We allow you to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in your personal information we have in our custody or control by accessing your personal profile in your account or by contacting support via email, phone or online chat. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
To ensure you receive the information you need to manage your account and protect your privacy, please be sure to keep your contact and billing information up to date. You can update all account-related information directly through your Control Panel. Alternatively, you can contact MyDomain, Inc. support using Live Chat or call us at 800-405-7875.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY. We have implemented measures designed to protect personal information in our custody and control. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of personal information in our custody and control. Unfortunately, no data storage or transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information in transit and as stored on our systems or the systems of our third party service providers, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this website cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party, despite our best efforts. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
- Password. Your online access to certain personal information may be protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (such as letters, phone calls or email messages).
- CHILDREN UNDER 13. This website is not directed towards children and we do not seek to collect any personal information from children. If we become aware that personal information from a child under the age of 13 has been collected, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
APPLICABLE TO ALL RESELLER RELATIONSHIPS. In addition to all of the terms and conditions set forth above, the following terms apply to Reseller relationships only.
- Information Related to Data Collected through Resellers. We may collect information under the direction of Resellers, and we have no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data is provided, processed or obtained by our Resellers. Customers who seek access, or who seek to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct their query to the Reseller's data controller. If the Reseller requests that we remove the data, we will respond to such request within thirty (30) business days.
- Choice. If you are a customer of one of our Resellers and would no longer like to be contacted by such Reseller, please contact the Reseller from whom you purchased products or services.
- Data Retention. We retain personal data we process on behalf of our Resellers for as long as needed to provide services under the relationship. We will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
This file was last modified on August 24, 2017.
This file was last modified on August 24, 2017.